Saturday, May 12, 2007

Happy Mother’s Day…Weekend?

I really think Mother’s Day should be Mother’s Weekend. The idea came to me yesterday as I was trying to get everything done early so by Sunday I could take an actual day off from my duties. My goal is always to get all the work done on Saturday so I can have Sunday off. It never happens. Even if by some miracle my husband is home all weekend I still have to nurse the baby, clean up their debris trails, do paperwork for our business, dishes, etc.

A bunch of holidays have whole weekends devoted to them. There’s Memorial Day weekend (three days!), and depending where they fall 4th of July, President’s Day, and New Year’s Day weekends. And let’s not forget Labor Day weekend, again, three whole days. The way I see it lot of us went through labor, and labor all year long taking care of little (and big) people. Listen, I’m not even asking for a three-day weekend, just two days. And maybe out of those two days I could actually get a couple hours to myself.

Well, gotta go and channel my grandmother. I’ve got to make cookies for my cultural group’s meeting tomorrow and I’m using a Kitchen Aid mixer just like hers. Why did I sign up to be hostess on Mother’s Day? Oh yeah I thought it would be nice, this being my first Mother’s Day and all.

Happy Mother’s Day Weekend to you all!!

1 comment:

Janice said...

(see my 6/28 post about why comments look like this)

MommyKnows said...
I'm with you MIAV ... weekend would totally suit me too!
May 12, 2007 9:57 PM