Thursday, June 28, 2007

Perspective

I complain a lot about Bubba's sleep, especially how he has to be held to get to sleep and to stay that way for long (though we are making some progress lately). The other day we were out with some other moms and babies. After a while Bubba went to sleep in my arms. One mom looked wistfully and said she wished she could hold her baby like that. Turns out her daughter pushes her away when she is tired, and only can go to sleep in her crib.

They left me on a park bench and continued their walk without me because I wanted him to have his nap. At first I was annoyed because I didn't have a book along, and didn't dare set him down in the grass so I could knit. I really wanted to escape in a story or make some progress on my project. Instead I just held my son and enjoyed the closeness, reflecting on how lucky I am that I do have a cuddly baby. And then I tried to lay him down on the bench and he woke up.

A couple months ago I was lamenting the every two hour night feedings, and a mom said "at least his a good nurser." I can really relate to that because we had such a rough start in the hospital.

Okay, I'm out of steam and can't sum this up well, but really want to get a post up. I think you get the drift. For every thing I complain about there's someone saying "I wish I had her problem."

No comments: